Broken by the Billionaire | Book Review

Review of Autumn Miller's Broken by the Billionaire - A Dark Billionaire Romance[Rags to Riches Book 3]







  • Title - Broken by the Billionaire
  • Author - Autumn Miller
  • Publisher - Miller Publications
  • Year published - 6 June 2022
  • Pages - 382
  • Genre - Dark Romance
  • Format -eBook


One summer night I was abducted, missing for eight days.
When I was found, my injuries spoke of a story no woman would want to remember.
And it turns out I couldn’t, dissociative amnesia holding my mind hostage.
But then I meet the distracting Max de Vries. His interest in me is intoxicating, his warm, strong presence beguiling.
Our attraction is instantaneous, his possessive desire wrapping around me and keeping me close.
One by one, Max drags the memories out of me, chasing away my demons and setting me free.
He’s my saviour. My protector. My lover.
Except, I discover that his motives aren’t entirely altruistic, but questionable.
So I have to wonder if I can trust him.
I have to wonder if he’s a predator. My enemy. A liar.


This is my first book by this author, and despite being the third book in a series, it can be enjoyed as a standalone read.

It's important to note that this book contains several trigger warnings and falls under the genre of dark romance, although the characters themselves are not inherently dark. The story is told from the dual perspectives of Ava and Max, and it is both intensely steamy and equally disturbing. Reading about Ava's harrowing experiences during her abduction was particularly distressing.

This is the first time I have come across the mention of Shibari in a book, adding a unique element to the story. While I was able to make some educated guesses about Max and his connection to Ava, there were still unexpected twists and turns that kept me eagerly turning the pages.

If you are a fan of dark romance, this book will surely capture your interest.

Thanks to @LoveBooksTour and @autumnmiller for the review copy.


Autumn Miller lives in Norfolk, England. She studied French and German at University in London and lived in Germany for a year.

When she's not writing about complex heroes, she'll be engrossed in a book, catching up with friends in the pub, or cleaning up after a husband, three children, and a dog. Failing that, she'll be dreaming up meet-cutes, gorgeous men, memorable dialogue, and stories that will make you feel.

Find her on TikTok for the occasional video! - Autumnmillerbooks and authoramiller

Find her on Twitter - @AMillerWrites

Find her Facebook Author Page for updates and giveaways - Autumn Miller Writes

Find her on Instagram - @Autumnmillerbooks

Find her at BookBub - Autumn Miller





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Challenges for 2016