"Book collecting is an obsession, an occupation, a disease, an addiction, a fascination, an absurdity, a fate. It is not a hobby. Those who do it must do it. ~ Novelist Jeanette Winterson

More Than Just Little Women

I still have quite a few books I enjoyed as a child. I am sharing another precious gem in this post.




This one’s straight from my 6th-grade English non-detail syllabus: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.




I've had this copy for so many years, and I still treasure it deeply. I remember how someone sitting next to me in class scribbled my name on the first page, and how upset I was! But over time, even that became part of the book’s story.




What truly makes this edition special are the lovely illustrations scattered through the pages, they made the characters come alive for me. I still remember reading the chapter about Beth, tears welling up in my eyes, and actually praying for her to live!






Laurie was (and still is) one of my favorite characters. I adored his bond with the sisters, and Jo especially. And the grandfather? He had such a quiet strength and warmth.





Even now, thinking about this book brings back a flood of emotions and memories.


It’s amazing how books from our childhood stay tucked in a corner of our hearts forever. 

Do you still have any school-time books you can’t part with?

***********

This is my final post for the Blogchatter Half Marathon 2026 – Version 2.0, where I'll share seven posts between September 15th and September 30th.

Until next post....


1 comment:

  1. I love Little Women. I had borrowed the book from my neighbour to read it. She had this amazing collection of classics. Some things are a part of our cherished memories.

    ReplyDelete